|Borderline Personality Today|
| Psychotropic Medications
Borderline Personality Disorder Today Chatroom
This new chatroom is located directly on the Borderline Personality Disorder Today Bulletin Board. You will see "Join Live Chat" above on the bulletin board. Also listed are the number of people chatting.
This is NOT mIRC chat and no commands are necessary unless you want to ignore someone in chat and chatroom instructions are located here.
You must read the Chat Rules below before joining the Chat.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This chat room is for RECOVERY purposes. If you're feeling suicidal, the need to self injure, or experiencing extreme crisis, this room is not for you. You need to be on the phone calling 911 or your local suicide or crisis hotline. If you're not comfortable with that than you can use our hotline page for people to talk with. This room is not equipped to handle these crises. Discussing suicide is extremely upsetting to everyone in the room. If you come in and discuss these topics in the room or in private, you will be given suicidal resources and be invited back when you are not in crisis. If you come back and continue, you will be kicked and banned.
Adults Only*This chat room engages in mature discussions which may not always be suitable for minors. (People under the age of 16). Borderline Personality Disorder involves many aspects of our lives which are all discussed in this chat room. We make no exception for this.
2. No therapy is allowed in the room. Even if you come in as a trained professional, we do not allow therapy in this chatroom. It is however appropriate to offer one another emotional support, a listening ear, a good sense of humor and though no one is allowed to offer advice, is good to share experiences.
3. No medical advice is allowed either in this room. You can, as I mentioned share your own experiences AND it is perfectly alright and very helpful to quote the research on a particular subject ONLY if you are sure of your knowledge of this research. Of course it would be extremely helpful to let them room know where they can find this information. We can quote articles, something we read on the Internet, etc., as long as we can say where we got this information. This avoids rumors spreading and untruths being believed.
I encourage everyone to educate one another. Just know your source. You cannot just say "I heard…"
4. No arguing or flaming with other chat members or moderators whatsoever. Everyone must be treated with the utmost respect. Ops are to treat you the same way. No one is exempt. This is a good place to practice these skills.
5. Many times you will be warned that you could be kicked
or banned. However this is not always the case. There are times where
people will receive absolutely no warning. What determines the difference
is the type of behavior involved and the call of that particular op or
Anyone who is at risk for Self Injury should call 911 or their local crisis intervention group. This is not the group for them as the person needs a trained specialist. Some methods of dealing with this behavior can be found here. There is inpatient facility expressly for those who self injure which can be reached at 1-800-DONT-CUT The ops in the chat room have been flooded with people coming in saying they are harming themselves. You are responsible for your own actions and to seek treatment. The moderators are not trained to deal with this behavior.
9. Anyone who is at risk for suicide should call 911 or their local crisis intervention group. This is not the group for them as the person needs a trained specialist. The ops in the chat room have been flooded with suicidal people coming in. They are NOT trained to deal with this. When this happens, no time can be spent with others in the chat room and this discussion is upsetting for everyone. People who are feeling suicidal will be referred to these resources, where they can receive the proper guidance and assistance. They do not belong in the chat room as it is not a safe place for suicidal people and again ops are not trained for that.
Mental Health Today provides a list of volunteers who will accept telephone calls from people who are feeling suicidal ideation and/or are in crisis. Also available is an on-line email support group called BPD - Self Harm/Suicide List This is a list for those with Borderline Personality Disorder who struggle to cope with self-harm and either feeling or being suicidal. It is an unmoderated list in which anything and everything can be discussed. On the BPDSHS list there are no rules. List members can post about details of both self-harm and suicide attempts. This list must be used at the list members own risk and each person should be aware before joining that there are no rules being enforced on this list. Click here to join this list. Thank You.
Borderline Personality Disorder Today Chatroom Mission Statement
The BPD Today Chatroom is designed to assist those with the borderline personality disorder or those with traits in understanding that they are not alone and to provide them a place where they can discuss their disorder and their lives without judgment.
This is a supportive environment where chat members will
receive emotional support, a listening ear, resources as needed, and the
opportunity to talk with others with the same disorder.
Here at BPD Today, chat members are not given advice other than general advice advising them to seek help with a Dr. and/or a therapist. Also no therapy takes place in this chatroom.
Other Today Websites
Copyright © Patty Fleener, M.S.W. All rights reserved.